Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Correction (memory update) to Go West Young Man Go West - 1.

     It seems that from time to time when we go down "Memory Lane" our memories are a bit cloudy or at least not completely correct, as if our "brains" took a wrong fork in the road, or was unable to remember exactly which road was travelled. Such is the case with my memory, probably more often than I care to know; could it be because of my more mature status?
After consulting with my brother Max, whose mind, and therefore memory, is so much younger than mine (exactly 11 months to the date, and almost to the hour) and whose response to my question begins in this manner; "Se det er meget svære spørgsmål du her disker op med. Måske skulle du frekventere en med en smule hukommelse i behold, men lad mig prøve." Translation: "It is rather difficult questions you serve up. Perhaps you should frequent those who has retained at bit of memory, but I will try." He goes on to say that some of what he remembers corresponds in detail and time to my "most terrible memory".
     It appears to be the case that I did not see the movie "Alamo" at Horbelev Hotel while we were living in Bregninge, but saw it in 1960 at the theater (Biografen) in the town of Praesto as we lived in the village of Stenstrup in 1960, very close to Praesto (see link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pr%C3%A6st%C3%B8). We went to school at Jungshoved School during the 1959 - 1960 school year (http://www.jungshoved.net/index.php?p=menu/side.php&menu=37&side=160).
     This of course makes me wonder what movie did I see with Birthe Ravn sitting next to me? Perhaps someone we went to school with will see this post and reply or post a comment; someone who has a better memory than mine. In order to help their memory here is a photo of me in 4th grade.
Handsome fellow!
Please keep in mind that the English translations on the two links are computer translations from Danish to English, which works fairly well most of the time but not all the time.
Here is what the house in Bregninge looked like when we lived there.
See the big cherry tree in the front and if you look closely on the
left hand side you will see yours truly looking at the plane shooting the picture.
It was a Sunday afternoon during a really hot summer day (probably about 75 deg. F)

No comments:

Post a Comment